Prop 47 Resentencing

Challenging ourselves to bring new and original ways of thinking

Home | Areas of Practice | Prop 47 Resentencing

Are You Eligible for Re-sentencing Under Proposition 47?

Prop 47 Resentencing Lawyer Orange County CA

California Proposition 47 has passed. That could mean big changes for you. Ask the Law Offices of Stull & Stull for options and actions we are the Prop 47 Re-sentencing Specialists.

No doubt about it, the passing of Proposition 47 is a major shift in the way the State of California now looks at certain nonserious and nonviolent property and drug crimes. If you have been charged with a nonserious and nonviolent offense, you are looking at reduced penalties (shorter incarceration) and reduced classification (misdemeanor). If you have EVER been convicted of these charges, now may be the time to weigh the possibility having the charges reduced or eliminated completely from your record.

The people have spoken – they want fairness in the way that law enforcement and the courts treat certain nonserious and nonviolent drug and property crimes. If you have been charged with drug possession, shoplifting, check and credit fraud, forgery, theft and possession of stolen goods and if the offenses total less than $950 in value, the people want to give you another chance. Treated as misdemeanors, Proposition 47 requires that maximum sentences are reduced to one year in jail, down from a maximum of three years. You can expect fines to be lower too.

The Law Offices of Stull & Stull has more than 45 years of criminal trial experience in all of Southern California’s jurisdictions (Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Kern, Tulare, Fresno and Ventura counties). The firm is led by a former deputy district attorney, Adam Stull, who has  the kind of high-powered court room experience and expertise to make a real difference for you.

Charged with any felony or misdemeanor? With or without Proposition 47, get a criminal defense lawyer that is knowledgeable and ready to go to bat for you.

Reduced penalties for drug and property crimes include:

  • PC 473 – Forgery less than $950
  • PC 476a – Check Fraud less than $950
  • PC 666 – Petty Theft With Prior
  • PC 484 – Shoplifting of property less than $950
  • PC 487 – Grand theft of property less than $950
  • PC 496 – Receiving stolen property less than $950
  • PC 459 – 2nd Degree Burglary less than $950
  • HS 11350 – Possession of Controlled Substance
  • HS 11357 – Possession of Concentrated Cannabis
  • HS 11377 – Possession of Controlled Substance

The Law Office of Stull & Stull will not only give you access to the latest, best, and updated knowledge of the law, you’ll also receive the type of aggressive legal representation that you need and deserve. If we take your case, we hit the floor running for you immediately – with the highest level of professionalism in every matter we represent.

If you were convcited of any of the above crimes, and are not currently serving a prison sentence, we can petition the court to have the felony re-sentenced and reduced to a misdemeanor.

Retroactively Applies

Prop 47 does retroactively apply to felony convictions in your past. Thus, we can use Prop 47 to reduce an old felony down to a misdemeanor no matter how old the crime is.

Prison Sentence

If you are currently serving a prison sentence due to a conviction under one of the above mentioned crimes, we can petition the court under Prop 47 to have your crime re-sentenced. This will allow us to terminate your prison term and will place you instead on simple misdemeanor probation. If you are currently serving a prison sentence due to a conviction under one of the above specified crimes, call us at 800-916-1228.

Three Year Time Limitation

The legislature is only allowing a 3 year window for people to petition the court to get a qualifying felony re-sentenced / reduced under Prop 47 and thus, it is critically important to move quickly under Prop 47.

Free Case Evaluation with Orange County DUI Lawyer Adam R. Stull

Protecting Freedom and Rights for nearly 45 years

Contact me on any criminal matter or fill out our Contact Form