Challenging ourselves to bring new and original ways of thinking

Home | Drug Defenses | Prescription Drug Sales

Prescription Drug Sales

Orange County Prescription Drug Sales Defense Lawyer

If you are arrested with prescription drugs in an amount over and above the prescription, or a normal prescription, you will be charged with possession for sale, or sales of prescription drugs. The district attorney will review various factors to determine whether it is sales case as follows:

  1. What is the amount? If you are in possession of an amount that is more than the normal prescription, and the individual is not in possession of a prescription.
  2. Was there any evidence of Pay-n-Owe Sheets or text messages indicating sales?
    • An officer will look to see if there is any contact with an individual (i.e. a text message indicating, “Hey, can you get me some stuff?”).
    • An officer will look to see if you are in possession of records (Pay-n-Owe Sheets) you may be keeping which indicates you owe individuals, or individuals owe you, for payment of prescription drugs.
    • An officer may suspect sales of prescription drugs if you have money in certain denominations (i.e., a lot of $20 bills or $100 bills). This typically alerts a district attorney that you are probably selling prescription drugs and collecting money in return.
  3. Were you in possession of any type of scale or weighing device? If so, this would indicate you were weighing prescription drugs prior to selling.
  4. Were you in possession of packaging material? This is a favorite among district attorneys – any type of baggies, foil, balloons, or anything which indicates you were using this to package prescription drugs. This would include any cut material, Vitamin B12 or other material used to cut drugs.

There are many defenses to prescription drug sales. Please contact our office today to set up an appointment to discuss these defenses.

Free Case Evaluation with Orange County DUI Lawyer Adam R. Stull

Protecting Freedom and Rights for nearly 45 years

Contact me on any criminal matter or fill out our Contact Form